The centre was founded in 2009 by Riana A. Singgih, a direct disciple of B.K.S. Iyengar. At that time, yoga was relatively new and many people did not know the benefits of yoga. The centre was founded as a place where everyone of any level of flexibility and fitness can come to practice yoga to improve their health physically and spiritually. Yoga when practiced properly develops strength, flexibility, concentration, and stamina. It also brings mental calmness and peace of mind, reducing stress.
Yoga has many therapeutic benefits too and can ease various ailments such as back pain, shoulder pain, insomnia, indigestion, and migraine.
Every student who comes to the centre are given care and detailed instructions so that they get the more benefits from their yoga sessions.
Besides regular classes we have Teacher Trainings, regular intensives and retreats.
Riana has taught many teachers; responsible and capable teachers who teach because of their love for yoga and the passion to teach. All the teachers at the centre are trained by Riana and always continually upgrade their knowledge.
Riana A Singgih now teaches teacher training at the centre with 2 of her senior teachers, Suzan and Gigi, who also conducts daily classes and workshops.
Iyengar yoga Singapore continues to grow towards educating the public on how yoga, when taught correctly, can be learnt safely by everyone and benefit everyone.
Iyengar Yoga Singapore at Balmoral Plaza :
- Our centre is located on the 2nd floor of a 3 storey shophouse, with a fresh view of trees and greenery.
- A clean space with a fresh view of trees and greenery
- Conveniently accessible by train and bus, with ample parking space for private cars.
- Fully equipped Iyengar props such as ropes walls, belts, chairs, blocks and blankets.
- Yoga mats provided.
- Air conditioned studio.
- Spacious, bright, well ventilated and clean studio.
- Yoga reference books and magazines for members.
- Phone: (65) 91851783
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 271 Bukit Timah Road,#04-07 Balmoral Plaza,Singapore 259708