Iyengar yoga is based on the teachings of the legendary yoga master B.K.S Iyengar who began teaching in Pune, India, during 1935 at the age of 18.
The Iyengar method of yoga develops strength, flexibility, concentration, and stamina. It also brings mental calmness and peace of mind, reducing stress.
Yoga has many therapeutic benefits and can ease various ailments such as back pain, shoulder pain, insomnia, indigestion, and migraine.
Iyengar Yoga Centre Singapore was founded by Riana A. Singgih in 2009 with the blessings of Guruji B.K.S Iyengar. The centre was opened for the sole purpose of spreading Guruji’s teaching in Singapore as Iyengar yoga was not known in this part of the country. At that time, yoga was relatively new and many people did not know the benefits of yoga. In line with Guruji’s teachings, Riana taught with the same precise and detailed instructions as what she had learnt from Guruji himself. She observed and corrected students who came to learn at the centre, teaching not only the asanas (poses) but the moral values which should be instilled in us as an individual. Since then, Riana has taught many teachers; responsible and capable teachers who teach because of their love for yoga and the passion to teach.
Riana A Singgih now teaches teacher training at the centre with 2 of her senior students, Suzan and Gigi, who also conducts daily classes and workshops. Iyengar yoga Singapore has grown in the past 7 years and continues towards educating the public on how yoga, when taught correctly, can be learnt by everyone and benefit everyone.
Iyengar Yoga Singapore Goldhill Centre:
- Our centre is located on the 2nd floor of a 3 storey shophouse, with a fresh view of trees and greenery.
- Conveniently accessible by train and bus, with ample parking space for private cars.
- Fully equipped Iyengar props such as ropes walls, belts, chairs, blocks and blankets.
- Yoga mats provided.
- Air conditioned studio.
- Spacious, bright, well ventilated and clean studio.
- Equipped with private showers, changing area and toilets.
- Yoga reference books and magazines for members.
- Phone: (65) 6356 5202
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1 Goldhill Plaza (Podium Block) #02 - 31 ,Singapore 308899